The Foundation is seeking a development/fundraising professional to join our small and growing team at the manager or assistant director level (depending on experience). This position would be ideal for a motivated individual interested in rolling up their sleeves, expanding their skills, and growing their career. Click here to download the complete job description.
The Foundation is a non-profit organization that works to support the mission of the FDA by advancing regulatory science and research. The Foundation establishes public-private partnerships between FDA and external stakeholders to facilitate innovation in science and health.
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
The Development/Fundraising position will contribute to and implement a strategic approach to fundraising which may include corporate support, grant solicitation, major gifts, and in-kind resources. The position will focus on increasing revenues and expanding a base of support for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direction of the Marketing & Communications Director, give input and implement a fund development plan that increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Coordinate short and long-range plans to expand the donor/supporter base
- Develop and maintain an understanding of partner priorities
- Maintain timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising activities are carried out in a timely manner
- Support the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Assist in the identification and development of corporate, foundation, and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
- Prepare grant applications and funding proposals to generate funds for the organization
- Prepare pitches/presentations to current and prospective donors/supporters
- Contribute to campaign strategies, timelines, revenue forecasts and evaluation plans
- Maintain the funder database
- Prepare reports on fundraising progress
- Help promote the organization to supporters
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
Five years of fundraising experience gained at a non-profit; corporate or private foundation; higher education or healthcare institution; or selling experience in a professional services organization. Familiarity with the pharmaceutical/biotechnology field preferred.
- A track record of measurable fundraising results
- An understanding of fundraising strategies
- Excellent organizational/project management skills with a particular focus on managing details
- Outstanding listening and communication skills—both written and oral
- Ability to develop and meet schedules
- Expertise with fundraising software/database management
- Knowledge of donor/prospect research and available tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A strong understanding or interest in the mission of the FDA or regulatory science or public health
- Demonstrated professional and political aptitude; team and diplomatic skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities and take an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Behave ethically and follow best business practices
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interests of the organization
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
Candidates will need to submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements to apply for this position.