Title: Communications Associate
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
The Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA is a non-profit organization that works to support the mission of the FDA by advancing regulatory science and research. The Foundation establishes public-private partnerships between FDA and external stakeholders to facilitate innovation in science and health.
The Foundation seeks a Communications Associate with a broad communication skillset to join our small but growing team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Science Writer will write reports and marketing collateral for a science-based audience, coordinate web content and social channels, and support general communications operations.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and taking initiative to complete duties and anticipate upcoming tasks. Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to prioritize and multi-task with accuracy, speed, and enthusiasm are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes research summaries, proceedings, reports, and other publications for scientific audiences
- Produces marketing and communications collateral, including press and presentation materials, for scientific and public audiences
- Coordinates the Foundation’s social media engagement, including creation, execution, and measurement
- Drafts and posts day-to-day web content
- Creates graphics for publications and social/web use
- Assists in researching and drafting annual report content
- Supports the communications needs of all Foundation programs
- Demonstrated writing experience, preferably in scientific or technical field
- Proficiency with design programs such as InDesign, Publisher, and Photoshop
- Experience creating web content; Drupal experience a plus
- Familiarity with digital strategy
- Interest in public health, science, and activities of the FDA
- Bachelor's Degree (Master of Public Health or Health Communications a plus) and minimum of two years of experience in communications
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to clearly translate complex scientific ideas into language suitable for multiple audiences
- Solid technical skills, including proficiency with Google Analytics, Drupal or similar CMS, MS Office, and email marketing programs
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain planning documents, such as editorial calendars
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and problem solve
- Reliable, creative, flexible, and self-motivated
Please submit a resume, cover letter, writing samples, and salary expectations for consideration.