Deadline: June 3, 2022
Leadership Award recognizes an individual’s significant contributions, national leadership, and service in the field of regulatory science and public health. Regulatory science includes the development of new tools, standards, and approaches to assess the safety, efficacy, quality, and performance of all FDA-regulated products, foods, human and veterinary drugs, vaccines and other biological products, and medical devices.
The Award honors an individual who has made meaningful and enduring lifetime contributions to
- advance the principles or the practice of regulatory science
- build awareness of the field of regulatory science on a national scale
- transform the process for development and/or review of FDA-regulated products
Innovation Award is for an individual, team, or organization that has improved public health through a specific innovation in regulatory issues or science. The Award recognizes outstanding contribution to advancing regulatory science through an initiative to improve the health or safety of individuals, specific groups, communities, or the nation.
Advocacy/Policy Award is for an individual, group, or organization in recognition of significant policy achievements that advance regulatory science and have a direct impact on the public. The Award recognizes a patient advocate, government leader or other individual, group, or organization whose advocacy efforts have
- advanced the regulatory science agenda
- accelerated innovation and modernization in regulatory practice at FDA
- strengthened the safety and efficacy of health/consumer products Eligibility Criteria Anyone can submit a nomination.
Nominees may include individuals or organizations from government, academia, advocacy, or industry. Self-nomination is allowed. Foundation Board members, Board-member directed organizations, and Foundation staff are not eligible to be nominated.
Nomination Package Components
- Nomination form
- Please complete the nomination form below, specifying the award category and contact information for the nominee and the nominator.
- Justification statement
- Please upload or attach a narrative (1000-word maximum) that describes the nominee’s contributions, highlighting the achievements or activities that support criteria for the award.
- Supporting document(s)
- Please upload or attach supporting documents such as a professional and/or personal biography or a curriculum vitae of the nominee.
Submit the nomination package:
- Using the online portal
- Downloading the form and emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Downloading the form and mailing to:
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA
1900 L Street NW, Ste 835
Washington, DC, 20036
Nominations must be received by COB Friday, June 3, 2022
Complete nomination instructions are also available here