The Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA (FDA Foundation) is seeking a Communications Associate to join a small and growing team. This position is ideal for a motivated individual interested in growing their skills and career.
The FDA Foundation is a nonprofit organization that works to support the mission of the FDA by advancing regulatory science and research. The FDA Foundation establishes public-private partnerships between FDA and external stakeholders to facilitate innovation in science and health. We value diversity in our team and believe an inclusive workplace yields more meaningful outcomes.
The Communications Associate coordinates implementation of the FDA Foundation’s external communication activities and supports general communications operations. Working with a small communications team, the Communications Associate will create and post social media and web content, develop materials such as reports and slide decks, maintain a graphics library, and assist with tracking performance metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, measure, and leverage digital content
- Write for a variety of media and audiences
- Produce meeting summaries and reports
- Develop simple graphics and layouts for multi-media including infographics
- Coordinate virtual and in-person events including registration, technical, and communication support
- Manage day-to-day program activities in assigned areas
- Support brand identity across all messaging, materials, and platforms
- Create, edit, and post web content (Drupal preferred) and ensure content is checked and up to date
- Use tools such as CRMs, media trackers, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office Suite products
- Manage social media presence including content development and engagement tracking
- Maintain digital files
- A bachelor’s degree in communications or relevant field
- 3-5 years of communications experience
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with the use of web, digital and social media platforms
- Basic design and layout skills (experience with programs such as Canva)
- Strong written and verbal communication and ability to match brand tone
- Excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Strong analytical skills
- An understanding of health, science, regulatory practice, and/or government operations
- Adaptable and action-oriented approach to communications and organizational strategy
- Ability to manage multiple assignments working both independently and collaboratively
Reports to Director of Communication & Stakeholder Engagement.
Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Communications, health communications, media relations, social media, nonprofit, public relations, database management, web
Email your cover letter, resume, writing samples, three references and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.