The Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA (the FDA Foundation) is a non-profit organization that works to support the mission of the FDA by advancing regulatory science and research. The FDA Foundation establishes public-private partnerships between FDA and external stakeholders to facilitate innovation in science and health.
The Communications Associate will support general communications operations and coordination of patient listening programs. Working with a small communications team, the Associate will create and post social media and web content, develop materials such as reports and slide decks, maintain a graphics library, and assist with tracking performance metrics.
The Communications Associate should be detail oriented and possess strong writing, layout, and digital communications skills. A background in science, health, nonprofit, and/or government communications is a plus. The Communications Associate should be organized, comfortable speaking on the phone and in virtual meetings, adept at managing multiple assignments, and able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The Communications Associate should have a demonstrated ability to:
- Create, measure, and leverage digital content
- Write for a variety of media and audiences
- Produce detailed minutes and meeting summaries
- Develop simple graphics and layouts for multi-media
- Schedule and organize events across organizations with full calendars
- Support brand identity across all messaging, materials, and platforms
- Create, edit, and post web content (Drupal preferred) and ensure content is checked and up to date
- Use tools such as CRMs, media trackers, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office Suite products
- Track online and social media engagement
The Communications Associate should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications or relevant field
- Solid technical skills
- An understanding of health, science, regulatory practice, and/or government operations
The Communications Associate reports to the Communications Manager.
Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Key words: Communications, health communications, media relations, social media, nonprofit, public relations, database management, web
Email your cover letter, resume, writing samples, three references and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org