The Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA (the FDA Foundation) is a non-profit organization that works to support the mission of the FDA by advancing regulatory science and research. The FDA Foundation establishes public-private partnerships between FDA and external stakeholders to facilitate innovation in science and health.
The Communications Manager will manage day-to-day communications activities helping to build the FDA Foundation’s brand and profile. Working with program teams and under the guidance of the Director of Communication and Stakeholder Engagement, the Communications Manager will develop outreach plans for key programs, prepare communications materials in multiple formats, and manage media relations efforts. The Communications Manager will have primary responsibility for the branding, content, and function of the Foundation’s website, social media channels, and publications, and will help develop and coordinate dashboards and other communications performance metrics.
The Communications Manager will report to the Director of Communication & Stakeholder Engagement and will supervise a Communications Associate.
The Communications Manager should be a strong writer skilled in general communications execution with a background in science, health, government, and/or non-profit communications. The Communications Manager should be detail-‐oriented, organized, adept at managing multiple assignments, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
The Communications Manager should have a demonstrated ability to:
- Implement multi-channel, multi-program communications strategies
- Translate complex, scientific work for a variety of audiences
- Ensure brand identity across all messaging, materials, and platforms
- Create digital, video, audio, and print content (including graphics and basic layout)
- Establish and maintain media contacts
- Manage the development and maintenance of multiple websites, including ease of navigation and innovative engagement, and ensure all content is current, relevant, and on brand
- Track and analyze engagement across all platforms
- Assist with budget management
The Communications Manager should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- An understanding of health, science, regulatory practice, and/or government operations.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsibility in communications management
- Experience supervising direct reports (preferred)
Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Key words: Communications, health communications, media relations, nonprofit, public relations
Email your cover letter, resume, writing samples, three references and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org