The Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA (the FDA Foundation) is a nonprofit organization that works to support the mission of the FDA by advancing regulatory science and research. The FDA Foundation establishes public-private partnerships between FDA and external stakeholders to facilitate innovation in science and health.
The Engagement Manager will manage day-to-day partnership and development activities helping to expand and support the FDA Foundation’s public-private partnerships, network, and reach. Working with program teams and under the guidance of the Director of Communication and Stakeholder Engagement, the Engagement Manager will lead stakeholder outreach, meeting planning and execution, and programmatic fundraising activities. The Manager will work across departments and programs as well as coordinating their own project portfolio.
The position will focus on increasing revenues and expanding a base of support for the organization.
The Engagement Manager will report to the Director of Communication & Stakeholder Engagement.
The Engagement Manager should be a strong planner with excellent networking and communication skills, a track record of facilitating public-private partnership, and a background in science, health, government, and/or nonprofit communications. The Engagement Manager should be detail-oriented, organized, adept at managing multiple assignments, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to:
- Prepare and manage workshop, roundtable and forum logistics including developing agendas, project plans, report production, and event promotion/recruitment
- Coordinate with external experts and partners, including academic, consumer/patient, government, industry, and payor groups
- Maintain accurate records and metrics on stakeholder engagement
- Collaborate on cross-team engagement activities
- Connect stakeholders to multiple programs and opportunities within the Foundation
- Help maintain stakeholder relationships through tailored communications and activities
- Assist in the identification and development of corporate, foundation, and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
- Support the planning and execution of fundraising strategies
- Contribute to revenue forecasts and budget management
The Engagement Manager should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- An understanding of health, science, regulatory practice, and/or government operations.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsibility in stakeholder outreach and mobilization
- Excellent organizational/project management skills with a particular focus on managing details
- Experience working across teams
Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Key words: Communications, health communications, fundraising, development, nonprofit, engagement
To apply: Email your cover letter, resume, writing samples, three references and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org