Call for Nominations to Honor Regulatory Science Leaders
The Reagan-Udall Foundation for the Food and Drug Administration is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2018 Innovations in Regulatory Science Awards. The Foundation will be honoring the leadership and achievements of those whose work represents the progress and promise of regulatory science and advocacy.
This year’s Awards Dinner will be held on December 4, 2018 from 6:00 pm-9:00 pm, at the Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health in Washington DC.
The Awards’ proceedings will include a opening reception and a seated dinner. Brief remarks will be provided by the FDA Commissioner, Dr. Scott Gottlieb.
Nominations for these awards will be submitted in two categories. The Leadership Award recognizes an individual’s significant lifetime contributions and service to regulatory science and public health; and the Innovation Award is for an individual or organization in recognition of their particularly distinguishing contributions to regulatory science or policy to improve public health. Our 2017 honorees were Janet Woodcock, MD, Director of the FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research and Patrick Ryan, PhD, Senior Director and Head of Epidemiology Analytics at Janssen Research and Development.
Nomination Process for 2018
Innovations in Regulatory Science Awards
- Nomination Close Date: August 15, 2018
- Announcement Period: Awardees to be announced early September 2018
Components of nomination package:
- Nomination form with contact information for nominee and nominator as well as identification of which award he/she is being nominated to receive
- Justification statement
- Drafted by the nominator, he/she shall submit a brief description (1000 words or less) of why the nominated individual is deserving of the chosen award. This statement should include details and examples of relevant achievements
- Bio should include all personal and professional history which can be publically disclosed
- Bio can include such information as awards, significant life experiences, motivators, unique hobbies etc.
Anyone can submit a nomination. However, Foundation Board members and staff are not eligible to be nominated. Self-nomination is allowed.
What award can a person be nominated for?
Nominations are requested for:
- LEADERSHIP AWARD
- The Foundation may grant the Leadership Award to an individual to recognize significant lifetime contributions and service to the field of regulatory science and public health.
- INNOVATION AWARD
- The Foundation may grant the Innovation Award to an individual or organization that has made particularly innovative contributions to regulatory science or policy to improve public health.
All submissions will be reviewed by our distinguished Awards Committee that includes:
- Robert Califf, M.D., 22nd Commissioner, Food & Drug Administration
- William Chin, M.D., Former Executive Vice President, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, PhRMA
- Garry Neil, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Aevi Genomic Medicine
- Patrick Ryan, PhD, Senior Director and Head of Epidemiology Analytics, Janssen Research and Development
- Frank Sasinowski, M.S., M.P.H., J.D., Director, Hyman, Phelps & McNamara
- Richard Schilsky, M.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, ASCO
- Janet Woodcock, M.D., Director, FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research